Re: solo engineers- W-9 question

akester wrote:

Listers,
I have a email into my accountant friend, but I figure I am not the first person to have had to fill one of these out before. I have just started doing independent contract work. Two of my clients have sent me W-9 forms. I do not know if I am exempt from backup withholding or not. If you do know, please CC me directly because I am on digest mode.. Thanks in advance, Andrew Kester, PE Lake Mary, FL akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com <mailto:akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>

Your aren't exempt from backup withholding, but the IRS typically doesn't insist on it unless there's a problem.