Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Effect of Volume Factor for Glulam Cantilever[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Effect of Volume Factor for Glulam Cantilever
- From: "Hansen * Hokama, Structural Engineers" <hchansen(--nospam--at)msn.com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:11:53 -0800
Does anyone know what is the appropriate length (L) to use when calculating the volume factor for just the cantilever portion of a double cantilevered glulam beam? The AITC Timber Construction Manual states that (L) is the "length of bending member between points of zero moment" so, for example, when adjusting the allowable stresses for a 6'-0" cant. can you discount the 21/L portion of the volume factor?
- Prev by Subject: Earthquake force considered in load combination (IBC2000)
- Next by Subject: RE: Effect of Volume Factor for Glulam Cantilever
- Previous by thread: RE: Dynamic analysis
- Next by thread: RE: Effect of Volume Factor for Glulam Cantilever