RE: Dynamic analysis

i think they are right.  "dynamics of structures, 2nd edition, by chopra" -
pg. 492 talks about capturing the desired behavior in the first 5 modes.

David Adie, P.E., LEED A.P.

COUGHLIN PORTER LUNDEEN
413 Pine Street - Suite #300 - Seattle, WA.  98101
p 206 343 0460 - f 206 343 5691

I have a 7 story parking structure with 2 levels of basements. I am using
Etabs to model the structure and carried out a dynamic analysis using Ritz
vector. Every frame line is a special moment resisting frames. Therefore I
have a huge redundancy. I am getting 90% mass participation at mode 20. Is
this valid? The plan checkers are saying, I should get 90% mass
participation at mode 6, 7.

Is there anything I could refer to for this?

Happy Holidays!

Thank you.

Shamini