RE: Dynamic analysis

Shamini,
This could happen if you have concrete walls at the basements (basement walls) included in your model with their mass included in the total mass of the building.

Reza Dashti P.Eng

From: "Shamini Wijay" <swijay(--nospam--at)fdgoc.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Dynamic analysis
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 07:56:05 -0800

I have a 7 story parking structure with 2 levels of basements. I am using Etabs to model the structure and carried out a dynamic analysis using Ritz vector. Every frame line is a special moment resisting frames. Therefore I have a huge redundancy. I am getting 90% mass participation at mode 20. Is this valid? The plan checkers are saying, I should get 90% mass participation at mode 6, 7.

Is there anything I could refer to for this?

Happy Holidays!

Thank you.

Shamini