Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Soil swell[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Soil swell
- From: BCainse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:57:09 EST
To get good compaction you need to place the soil in thin lifts (typically 6 to 8 inches loose)and compact each lift with the appropriate water content. The lifts above have little effect on the relative density of the lower lifts unles you are using very sandy material and vibratory compaction.
Bill Cain, SE
- Prev by Subject: Soil swell
- Next by Subject: Re: Soil swell
- Previous by thread: Re: Soil swell
- Next by thread: HOW CAN YOU FELLOWS TALK ABOUT FEET?