Earthquake force considered in load combination (IBC2000)

	In the IBC 1605.3.1 equation 16-11 we have load combination of
0.6D+0.7E in which the dead load factor reduced significantly w.r.t. UBC97.
Now the question is that whether E (in this load combination) shall be
calculated based on the 0.6 dead weight of structure or E should be based on
the full weight and if it is based on full weight then it seems that this
load combination is over conservative and I can not understand the logic
behind it. Please clarify.

Regards,
A. Karimzadegan
M.S. C.E.
PIDEC
Shiraz - Iran
T : +98-711-2270120
F : +98-711-2299412
e-mail : karimzadegan(--nospam--at)pidec.com <mailto:karimzadegan(--nospam--at)pidec.com>