RE: W21x48 and W21x55 beams

Ken
This came up once before so I will repeat my answer.
These were originally Canadian shapes -- there were
eight in all that were made only in Canada.  They were
W8x14,W10x16,W12x21,W18x41,W18x45,W21x48,W24x56 &
W24x61.  Imagine a W8x18,W10x22,W12x26,W18x50,W21x62,
W24x68 but with slightly thinner flanges and/or webs.
Anyway, Algoma the sole supplier of these decided to
get out of the structural shape business in 01 and some
American producers said they would continue to supply
these to the Can market.  They are more efficient than
their closest weight US shapes and so they are still
beingbproduced in some of those sizes--sometimes from
off-shore.  I guess some companies are trying to flog
them also in the US market.
Gary