Bldg Expansion joints

Happy Holidays to the SEAINT List...
I know there was a question not too long ago regarding
"dilitation," though I can't find anything in the list
archives.  Nonetheless, I press on before I leave for
the day...
Question:  What are guidelines for expansion joints in
buidlings?  Are they drastically different between
concrete and steel structures?  Where can i find some