In Memory Of Those Killed In The 12-26 Tsunami - And The Survivors

I was up very late last night trying to gather information about this catastrophe. For some reason it has really played on my mind. I think some of the eyewitness descriptions of the horrific deaths, such as that of a little girl found entwined in a chain link fence, have hit me hard.

Words cannot describe the feelings in my heart. As a Christian, I believe that those who have died have "gone home" to that Heavenly Father who is their Creator, and they have rest.

But for the survivors who have to rebuild, who have to deal with the grief of being, for example, the only surviving member of a family wiped out in mere seconds, I cannot begin to understand what their lives must be like right now. All I can say is that I know that the rest of the world will grieve with you and then roll up their sleeves and pitch in. Most of us will simply give aid in the form of money or in-kind contributions.

I think we should all bear witness to the relief efforts as they unfold. We are well aware of man's inhumanity to man, but sometimes I don't think we pay enough attention to the good that people can do for each other. Let us witness what occurs, and consider the scope of all these efforts, so that we can remember how good people can be at least as much as we remember how terrible.

God bless and keep the survivors of this cursed event. And remember that our ways are not His.

Thanks for listening.