Re: IL SE license

John:

You can also order a wall certificate from them.  I frankly don't know,
however, if that certificate will satisfy the requirement of displaying
the "license" in your place of business or not.  I would assume so but you
should ask them if you order the certificate (you know what happens when
you assume).  The biggest reason why this may not meet the requirement is
that from my experience the nice wall certificates don't include an
expiration date of your license, while the little printed card/certificate
does.

FWIW, from my experience, a lot of states do the same thing...you get a
little "printout" license "certificate" (usually along with a wallet
card).  If you want the "nicer" certificate that will look nice on a wall,
then you have to order it.  That is what I had to do with Michigan and
Illinois (haven't ordered the Illinois one to date yet).  My Washington
license _DID_ come with a nice wall certificate plus the little printed
one.

I have seen people put the little 5x8 card/certificates in some nice
frames and put them up on the wall.  They look OK.  Not as nice as the
"full-blown" certificate, but still OK.

Also, you can send an email to the licensing office rather than trying the
phone option.  You have to make your way to the Structural Engineering
page and there is a link there to do it.  FYI, I did just send a email
asking if the wall certificate will satisfy the requirement and how much
the walll certificate costs.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI