From: Gautam MANANDHAR [mailto:GMANANDH(--nospam--at)ci.alameda.ca.us]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 1:55 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Can a Historic Building be taken down by the propertyowner?

Dennis:

I would think that the city would not allow you to demolish the
building unless you can convince the historial building committee
otherwise - good luck on that.

Gautam

>>> dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net 12/21/2004 1:14:33 PM >>>
Just a short question! If a building is entered onto a City's historic
registry, can the private owner of that building and property choose to
sell
the property and demolish the building or is it protected from
demolition by
the consent of the City?

Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

Join our Topic-Specific Professional Lists

http://www.structuralist.net

"Apathy is Lethal!" University of Pennsylvania, Annenberg Public
Policy
Center: Political Fact Check at  <http://www.factcheck.org>
http://www.factcheck.org