Re: Exotic Wood Question

Stan,
A few years back, I had a client that wanted to use a
South American hardwood for an exterior deck.  He
ended up using "Machiche" or "Santa Maria," I can't
remember...  Well, Earthsource Wood Products
(www.earthsourcewood.com) is located in Oakland, CA,
and the site can give you some basic info.  I do
remember doing a search for the mechanical properties
and finding some pertinent info.
Good luck trying to find any eco-friendly hardwoods
out therrr in Tex's.  The red staters probably would
want you to buy American...
HTH.
David Topete, PE
SF, CA