Re: Interpreting Analysis Results - UPDATE

Bill Allen, S.E. wrote:

-->

The good folks at Research Engineers have guided me to the section of their technical reference which describes how STAAD.Pro interprets Mxy, p. 3-32.

The user has an option to either ignore Mxy or to use the Wood-Armer equations.
Thanks for that info, Bill, it will come in handy in future.

Of course, Mxy is NOT a "STAAD-specific" phenomenon, but is derived from classic "plates and shells" theory (a la Timoshenko and Woinowsky-Kreger). As such it appears in any plate element analysis. I had always considered it "additive" to through-thickness shear but I see I must rethink that.

Thanks again.