Re: FW: Exotic Wood Question

The best exotic wood I know is Yakal from the Philippines.  If I remember it right the Fb= 2,800 psi and Fv = 160 psi.  You need to use special nails to penetrate into it.  The only problem is I don't know how you can get it here in the U.S.  Ask the companies that import wood from Southeast Asia.

Good luck.