Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: FW: Exotic Wood Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: FW: Exotic Wood Question
- From: ASQENGG2(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:42:58 EST
The best exotic wood I know is Yakal from the Philippines. If I remember it right the Fb= 2,800 psi and Fv = 160 psi. You need to use special nails to penetrate into it. The only problem is I don't know how you can get it here in the U.S. Ask the companies that import wood from Southeast Asia.
In a message dated 12/29/2004 2:57:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:
- Prev by Subject: RE: Exotic Wood Question
- Next by Subject: Exotic Woods
- Previous by thread: RE: FW: Exotic Wood Question
- Next by thread: Science project