Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
9.0 Earthquake[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: 9.0 Earthquake
- From: ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:38:01 EST
Why don't I see anything in the news about what damage the 9.0 earthquake did to nearby towns and cities? The media is inundated by news about the tsunami, which was pretty devistating in itself, but I have not read anything about any damage due to the earthquake which was 1000 time stronger than the recent earthquakes experienced here on the central coast of California within the last year. It was strong enough to increase the rotation of the eath and increase the wobble obout the earths axis. You would think something of that magnitude would do some structural damage nearby.
Stephen Macie. P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: 3x3x1/4 plate washers in IRC vs. 2x2x3/16 in IBC
- Next by Subject: Re: 9.0 Earthquake
- Previous by thread: Exotic Woods
- Next by thread: Re: 9.0 Earthquake