International Engineer Awards Fund

Attention SEAINT:

I pass along this  request..................................
Bob Johnson

<><><><>><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

The Birches
Ballymahon Road
Athlone
Ireland

4th. January 2005

Telephone: +353 9064 75537
E-mail: fintan(--nospam--at)engologist.com
Website: http://www.engology.com

To Corporate Engineers / Directors and Others

Re: Pledge towards an International Engineer Awards Fund

This letter is with regard to proposed International Awards for Engineers. These new proposed Awards will be called the * Armstrong International Engineer Awards * after Neil Armstrong, Engineer and First Man to Walk on the Moon.

I am respectfully requesting from you, as a Corporate Member of an International company, a pledge to donate money on behalf of your company Engineers towards these Awards.

* This one-off donation, however small, would be appreciated *.

No other branch of your company will receive a copy of this request except for courtesy purposes.

* At no time will I have access to any of the monies involved *

See, * High Profile Engineers * page on my website for some of the Engineers who deserve an award. Also, your company is featured in the Media section.

* The International companies who pledge will have their names published, but not the amount donated *.

I also have a website for Technologists and Technicians,
http://www.engologist.com.

Hoping that you will see your way to approve my request.

Thanking you,

Fintan Lynch, B.E.
Retired Power Station Engineer.

Courtesy Copies : Nil

Page 2.

Fintan Lynch – Re : Award Pledges

Three years ago, in my retirement, I constructed a Website, http://www.engology.com, with the sole purpose of promoting the Engineering Profession. At present the Website has 11,000 Hits per day and I am sending many Millions of promotional e-mails, worldwide, per day. The recipients consist of Governments, Business Communities, Engineers, Educationists, and indeed the General Public. All the e-mails are Opt-in, noSPAM and legal.

This website which has a Global Focus, has as subscribers such engineering celebrities as President Jimmy Carter, Astronaut Julie Payette, etc. See * High Profile Engineers * page on my website.

Engineers have for some time been complaining that Engineer-awards are not getting the exposure that they deserve, whereas Oscar and Grammy Awards get media publicity, worldwide. At present most Engineer Awards are localized. My idea is to fund the * Armstrong International Engineer Awards * which we would ensure gets the publicity deserved.

These International Awards would be called the
* Armstrong International Engineer Awards * after the Astronaut, Engineer, and first man to walk on the moon, Neil Armstrong. This is where Corporate Engineers / Directors can help. Corporate Directors would pledge, on behalf of their company Engineers, a one-off donation, however small, towards the Armstrong fund. This money, when called in, would be controlled by a committee in an existing Professional Engineering Society such as the NSPE, IEI, SEAOI, AEA, IEEE or a committee in the proposed new * International Engineers Association *.

The larger the fund, the more important the Award. The International companies who pledge will have their names published, but not the amount donated.

At no time will I have access to any of the monies involved.

Hoping that you can oblige.

Regards,