RE: welding to structure painted with lead base paint

Ken,

It has been a few years since I last dealt with a lead project.  The lead
must be removed prior to welding.  Several commercial companies can blast or
remove the lead areas and dispose based on federal and local regulations.

Take a look at "OSHA 29 CFR Part 1926, Lead Exposure in Construction"  I
recall it is a downloadable from OSHA.gov

Ronald A. Hill, P.E.
HILL Consulting Engineering
PO BOX 26525
Birmingham, Alabama 35260 USA
Phone: 205-823-4784
FAX: 205-823-4145
email: ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com
Messenger: ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com
http://www.hillce.com