To: Seaint
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 5:50 AM
Subject: welding to structure painted with lead base paint

We have a little project that involves attaching to a structure that is likely to have been painted with lead paint.  The structure is outside and the work will be 50 feet above grade.  It is not a big job and I wouldn't normally worry about this, but my client is concerned and wants to make sure that we do what is required by whatever agency would control this (EPA?).  Have any of you gone through this and can point me in the right direction?  I would like to cover it in a catch-all note and be done with it if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.