From: "Will H" <haynewp(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Insulrock diaphragm
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:22:49 -0500

I have an existing building from the 1960's that used Insulrock roof panels on bulb tee purlins. I don't see how this can be considered a structural diaphragm, but it is the only thing that has been distributing the lateral loads on the building for 40 years.

Does anyone have any experience with this product? By looking at the document below, I think the planks are only resting on the tees and clipped to the main steel beams but the drawings don't specify.

http://www.rci-mercury.com/files/ab071226.pdf

thanks for any help

Will Haynes, P.E.