Thickened slab detail

Is there a "correct" slope to the underside of a slab
where it changes thickness such as at a thickened edge
or under a wall?  It's commonly drawn and constructed
as steep as 1:1 or 2:1.  PCA Slab design guide has an
exerpt from the Army tech manual showing it at 5:1
under a bearing wall.  I would guess that the steeper
the angle, the more it would increase the friction
value for the subgrade drag equation.  But maybe its
irrelevant...

On a related note, is there a specific purpose for
adding 1 or 2 longitudinal bars at a thickened slab
section?  Is it one of those details for good measure,
or has it been proven necessary?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA