RE: Thickened slab detail

I look at the thickened slab as I would a continuous footing and select longitudinal rebar to meet the requirements for temp. / shrinkage reinforcement.  I select a width for the bottom of the thickened portion to support the load and the slope of the thickened slab is a construction issue… I show it at about 1:1.

Bruce D. Holcomb, P.E., S.E.

Structural Engineer

Member AISC, SEAKM

Butler, Rosenbury & Partners

300 S. Jefferson, Suite 505

Springfield, MO 65806

ph. 417-865-6100

fax 417-865-6102

www.brpae.com

Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Planning & Development

Your Vision.  Our Focus.