From: Daniel Boltz [mailto:dboltz(--nospam--at)1st.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 5:58 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Are Roof Top Units considered Dead or Live Loads?

I've had different answers from various Senior Engineers.  Some say that
since the RTU weight does not vary in magnitude and location, it is a DEAD
LOAD.  Others say that if the RTU is changed or moved in the future, it's
weight and location would be considered a LIVE LOAD.

Any help is appreciated.
--Dan

Sent via the WebMail system at 1st.net