From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 1:11 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Are Roof Top Units considered Dead or Live Loads?

In a message dated 1/4/2005 3:54:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com writes:
Including one re-roofing weight is required for DSA projects in California (CBC 1607A.4.1).
What is typically used as a re-roofing weight? Is there a minimum allowable re-roofing weight?

I will also note that at least in post-tensioned concrete design, a small increase in the uniform load seldom changes the design.  That same total weight as a concentrated load can have a significant impact, however.

Gail Kelley