Re: Wind Load on a Two Sided Building

Professor Chris Letchford, Texas Tech Uni. has published few research
papers on this type of structures and some the papers you find in the
journal of
Wnd Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics.

Himat

>>> BSBossley(--nospam--at)venturaengineering.com 1/5/2005 8:37:44 AM >>>
I have been asked to analyze a structure that was a completely open
canopy structure for additional wind loads it would receive if two
sides
were added onto the structure (the two sides being adjoining sides).

>From looking at ASCE 7, I know this is not an open, enclosed, or
partially enclosed building, but also it wouldn't really act as a
sign,
either.  Has anyone else had any experience with this type of
situation?

Brian S. Bossley, PE
Ventura Engineering
7610 Olentangy River Rd.