Re: Wind Load on a Two Sided Building

Brian S Bossley wrote:

I have been asked to analyze a structure that was a completely open
canopy structure for additional wind loads it would receive if two sides
were added onto the structure (the two sides being adjoining sides).
From looking at ASCE 7, I know this is not an open, enclosed, or
partially enclosed building, but also it wouldn't really act as a sign,
either.  Has anyone else had any experience with this type of situation?

What makes you think it isn't "open"? My interpretation of ASCE would be that it is an "open" building despite the two sides.