Re: CFRP durability questions

CFRP sheets may require UV protection.
When exposed to UV CFRP becomes brittle.
In addition special installation and epoxies may be required.

Hope this Helps.

Desi Kiss, MS, PE
DJK Engineering, Mission Viejo, CA
Ph: 949/458-9169 Fax: 949/458-9058

"Mayo, Daniel" <Mayo(--nospam--at)pbworld.com> wrote:
We are looking at a shear retrofit for some existing double T bridge beams that do not rate in shear.
We were looking at Carbon Fiber, but then we heard some alarming reports about durability issues.

Has anyone else heard anything about early failures of CFRP sheets?
Thank you

Daniel Mayo
Parsons Brinckerhoff

Desi J. Kiss, M.S., P.E.