RE: Wind Load on a Two Sided Building

I thought it had to be 1 of the 3, enclosed, partially enclosed, or open. The definition of enclosed is "a building that does not comply with the requirements for open or partially enclosed buildings".

Will Haynes, P.E.

From: "Brian S Bossley" <BSBossley(--nospam--at)venturaengineering.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Wind Load on a Two Sided Building
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:02:16 -0500

Well, it says an open building is a building in which EACH of the walls
have at least 80% open.  I would think you would get wind hitting the
walls and then going over the roof, adding more wind pressure to the
roof.

I would think there wouldn't be any internal pressure, but the Cp/Cf
factor would increase due to the fact that you have a few walls.