RE: Cranes: Curved Track Monorail

Again, to revisit this issue, I was looking at the torsional analysis needed
for this monorail, and the end conditions got me slightly perplexed.  Let me
refresh your memory on the situation.  The hoist is an underhung monorail
hoist with a support structure located above the monorail.  The monorail
(likely S section) will be hung using bolts through the top flange of the
monorail to the bottom flange of the support structure (likely WF sections).

Torsion of the monorail is an obvious consideration, especially with a hoist
capacity of 10 Tons.  Now, with the above hanging connection as described,
what would be the description of the "Physical Condition" and the "Torsional
End Condition" for analysis???

Thanks for the information.  I really appreciate it.

Dave Maynard, PE
Gillette, Wyoming