Re: Are Roof Top Units considered Dead or Live Loads?

Gail,

I do not believe there is any code guidance on what to actually use for the re-roofing weight.  What I have seen is that the engineer at the beginning of their calcs adds up the various layers as provided by the architect for a particular roof system to come up with the roof dead load then takes the top few layers as the additional re-roof weight.  As mentioned previous it typically ranges from 3 to 5 psf.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.

GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com

01/04/2005 01:10 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
Re: Are Roof Top Units considered Dead or Live Loads?