RE: Cranes: Curved Track Monorail

The end condition will be something between
"torsionally fixed" and torsionally pinned". Mere
addition of stiffener plates, between the top and
bottom flanges, at the end supports will not make the
ends torsionally fixed. I suggest you analize it for
the two extreme end conditions and design
conservatively. Don't forget local effects and load
path for various load components.

As I mentioned in my earlier response, this problem is
an ideal candidate for FEM. Any attempt to reduce it
to make it amenable for hand calculation will invite
several assumptions, and you are likely to get as many
set of assumptions as there are engineers who may air
their opinion.

Rajendran

Rajendran