From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 11:58 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Marshall Stability Test

There's a test for asphalt called the Marshall Stability Test.

The ASTM for it (ASTM D-1559)  was apparently withdrawn in 1998 and not replaced by anything else.

Does any one know why?  I don't really need to know,  I'm just curious, because I think the test is still routinely specified.

Gail Kelley