Re: Are Roof Top Units considered Dead or Live Loads?

Padmanabhan Rajendran wrote:

In India, it is called a Desert Cooler.

It is very effective in dry summer months. In humid,
hot weather, it adds to the misery.

I believe this type of cooler is common in Arizona.

Rajendran

It works well in the Mojave Desert of California during the summer. I have two on my 12-year old home along with a central A/C system. It is used throughout the Southwest United States wherever there is an arid desert type climate. I assume it can be used in most of the areas west of the Rockies and around Utah southward into Mexico. Home Depot carries them in stock as do most of the other hardware discount houses in our area.

Dennis