Re: pile lateral analysis programs

I have not used ALLPILE.

I am familiar with the sofwares peddled by Ensoft.
Ensoft sells LPILE for single pile analysis, SHAFT for
piles under vertical loads and GROUP5 for lateral load
analysis. In other words all the three programs are
required for completness. These programs are not user
friendly. It takes some effort to understand data
input. Frequent references to the refrence manual are
inevitable.

I visited the ALLPILE program vendor's web site and
downloaded the demo version of the program. A quick
review made me come to a favorable conclusion for it.
This one program costs about 1/3 to 1/4 of the price
one would pay for the three programs noted in above
paragraph. ALLPILE has several more options than what
may be available in the suite of LPILE, SHAFT and
GROUP5. Based on thsoe two issues alone, I would favor
ALLPILE. If I get a chance to run some mock up problem
with the demo version of ALLPILE, I will let you know
my further opinion.

Rajendran