By; K.M. Rollins et al. Brigham Young University, Provo. UT, 2002.
This report would answer all of your questions.

Himat Solanki

>>> jgomez(--nospam--at)schnabel-eng.com 1/7/2005 12:02:53 PM >>>
I have not used ALLPILE but it seems suitable and easy to use. However,  the
input parameters necesarily must be the same as those for LPILE and COM624
as they are all essentially the same program and use the same theory.  If
you don't understand the parameters used for LPILE, then you are better off
letting the geotech do the analysis for you. They are very accurate if the
input soil properties are accurate. In other words, there is not much margin
for error...

	Jesús Gómez

-----Original Message-----
From: Padmanabhan Rajendran [mailto:rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 11:47 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: pile lateral analysis programs

I have not used ALLPILE.

I am familiar with the sofwares peddled by Ensoft.
Ensoft sells LPILE for single pile analysis, SHAFT for
piles under vertical loads and GROUP5 for lateral load
analysis. In other words all the three programs are
required for completness. These programs are not user
friendly. It takes some effort to understand data
input. Frequent references to the refrence manual are
inevitable.

I visited the ALLPILE program vendor's web site and
downloaded the demo version of the program. A quick
review made me come to a favorable conclusion for it.
This one program costs about 1/3 to 1/4 of the price
one would pay for the three programs noted in above
paragraph. ALLPILE has several more options than what
may be available in the suite of LPILE, SHAFT and
GROUP5. Based on thsoe two issues alone, I would favor
ALLPILE. If I get a chance to run some mock up problem
with the demo version of ALLPILE, I will let you know
my further opinion.

Rajendran