Re: Seismic Loading?

Daniel,
In essence, yes, Qe = V.  Also, I believe that you do
need to add or subtract the 0.2 S_ds D in your
eqn's...  You do not however need to add that portion
for your design of foundations *if* you are using WSD
methodolgies...  Hope that helps...  It's Friday, so i
really don't want to stretch for my 2000 IBC...
David Topete, PE
SF, CA