RE: Seismic Loading?

The 0.2*Sds*D is a vertical component.  So, include it in your analysis and in the load combinations as additional “E”, but not as a lateral force... it is vertical so add it to your vertical load.

Bruce D. Holcomb, P.E., S.E.

Structural Engineer

Member AISC, SEAKM

Butler, Rosenbury & Partners

300 S. Jefferson, Suite 505

Springfield, MO 65806

ph. 417-865-6100

fax 417-865-6102

www.brpae.com

Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Planning & Development

Your Vision.  Our Focus.