Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
mix and match?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: mix and match?
- From: David Adie <DavidA(--nospam--at)cplinc.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:19:45 -0800
Title: mix and match?
footnote f for ibc 2003 table 1604.3 allows reducing the wind by 30% when considering deflections. it seems implied that in order to use this reduction, one needs to be using the design procedure presented in the ibc (the simplified one). *** i know the ibc references asce ***
is it wrong to use this reduction in combination with the detailed procedure presented in asce 7-02? it seems like it would be since i think the simplified procedures gives higher values than the detailed procedure. maybe the footnote should say "0.7 * W when using the simplified procedure and 0.85 * W when using the detailed procedure".
- Prev by Subject: RE: mix and match - repost
- Next by Subject: Modifying an existing roof truss
- Previous by thread: RE: Modifying an existing roof truss
- Next by thread: Concrete Achor Bolts in Shear