tsunami 2...

Andrew Kester wrote:

"Bill,
You are right, as a tsunami is more or less caused by a
singular earth rattling event, it does not have a "period" so
much as a very, very large wavelength. (Right? This is the
right term?)

What I am meaning is, unlike a normal wave with a 8-15 second
period (or whatever), a tsunami likely has a very LARGE
wavelength..."

Can anybody explain how it may be possible that a wave has a
length without period?

Thanks,

Valentin Shustov