High tensile bolts

hii,
This question of mine could be ameature for most of you.Recently i come
across design of space frame where connections of members are required to be
done with high tensile bolts of grade 8.8 or 10.9 as per indian standards.IS
code 1367 give ultimate capacity of high tensile bolts.So wat facor should i
use for working safe capacity.There is no reference of such in that code.
Is a facor of 2 is sufficient.
Are these high tensile bolts
are equally strong in shear
Can anybody help me wat exactly the factor is ,either in indian or british
codes.
Thanks in advance,
regards,
Mahesh indurkar