In The Interest Of Clarity (WAS: Compression Capacities for WFs with Webs Not Compact)

From: Szuchuan Chang [mailto:szuchuan(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 8:28 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Compression Capacities for WFs with Webs Not Compact

Hi,

I am reviewing an existing building with LRFD steel design.

In the interest of clarity:

I think what you MEAN to say is that you are analyzing an existing building using the provisions of the AISC LRFD Code.

The way you put it, I thought you meant you were reviewing a design for a building that had been designed using LRFD. The context of the remainder of your message clarified that this wasn't what you meant at all.

Sometimes I think we use "design," "analyze," etc., interchangeably when they aren't the same thing at all.