From: David Topete [mailto:davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 9:56 AM
To: SEAINT List
Subject: passive energy dissipation

List,
Our office has been awarded a project, and we are
considering using energy dissipation, such as dampers.
 I'd appreciate any input regarding the design
approach.  in particular, if used in a SMRF structure,
but in a chevron brace configuration, would it be
considered a dual system?  i.e. CBF resists 100% of
lateral load and SMRF resists 25%?  TIA.
David Topete, PE
SF, CA