Re: Extending concrete filled HSS columns

How about drilling sideways through the existing column and slipping the extension over about a foot of the existing column,  then through bolting with however many bolts you decide you need?

But in answer to your original question,  I don't have any experience with what you are proposing.  I also don't have any experience with what I am proposing,  but I have seen it done on non-concrete filled shapes for sign posts.

Gail Kelley