ON WAVE TERMINOLOGY

	A physics professor commented about photons long ago. Their particle
nature and a wave nature must both be explicable. What it amounted to was
that there are a very large number of wavelengths that make up each photon,
and they are so close in period (or wavelength), that they add to zero
except at the location of the photon particle, where they are close to
synchronicity and add to a positive value. There is a peak amplitude at the
middle of this location that trails off towards each end. I think of the
tsunami waves the same way.
	Jim Getaz
	Winchester, Virginia