RE: OT - broncos rule - really a wind load question

Title: Message
thank you sir, just what i was looking for

 If you look at the commentary to appendix B of ASCE 7-02, it give the following load combination for checking drift due to wind:

D + 0.5L + 0.7W  (Eq. CB-3)

So, yes, you can take the 30% reduction when using ASCE 7.  I only just found this provision.  Before I always just used Table C6-3 to convert to a 10-year mean recurrence interval.  Last time I checked, this is how the MBMA manual handled it.  I like the flat out 30% reduction better though.

Tripp Howard, PE