Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: OT - broncos rule - really a wind load question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: OT - broncos rule - really a wind load question
- From: David Adie <DavidA(--nospam--at)cplinc.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:37:32 -0800
D + 0.5L + 0.7W (Eq. CB-3)So, yes, you can take the 30% reduction when using ASCE 7. I only just found this provision. Before I always just used Table C6-3 to convert to a 10-year mean recurrence interval. Last time I checked, this is how the MBMA manual handled it. I like the flat out 30% reduction better though.Tripp Howard, PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: OT - broncos rule - really a wind load question
- Next by Subject: OT - Does spelling really count?
- Previous by thread: Re: NEHRP News
- Next by thread: RE: FEMA / IRC Braced Panels