From: Dennis S. Wish, PE [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 9:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: IRC Braced Panels

... the homeowner is
the one who is hit first in out-of-pocket deductibles. All of us are hit
with the remainder when FEMA and other emergency management agencies
come into play to provide low interest loans that the rest of the
population must bear. It's not welfare, but our available assets could
be better protected by improving the quality and performance of
construction by restricting the IRC to low risk regions.

Dennis S. Wish, PE