Re: ...a couple more details...

Is that the deflectiion of the top rail betwen the
rail posts?  Does each rail post (4' or 6' o.c.?)
deflect 1" (for example) so the net deflection of the
top rail is only 0.75"?  Did the dude design 18ga
aluminum 1"dia. pipe posts???  Sorry..  Just graping
for some info.  sounds very sketchy...  Apparently, an
architect did not design that because it would have
been 4"x1/2" stell plate verticals, pickets and
rails...
David Topete, PE
SF, CA