Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: Handrails...

Thor,

Yes, at least in UBC country.

Handrails are single rails on the side of a wall and guardrails are the posts and railings next to open areas.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>

01/12/2005 11:24 AM

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Re: Handrails...

BTW, do you guys across the border make a (structural) distinct between "handrails" and "guardrails"?

Thor A. Tandy P.Eng
Victoria, BC
Canada

vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net