RE: SMRF Strong Column - Weak Beam condition at Roof

To back up what Henry said, see Section 9.6a.a. At least that's the section
in the 1997 AISC Seismic Provisions including Supplements #1 and #2. It's
part of Section 9.6(a)(i) in the 2002 Seismic Provisions.

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers
http://www.AllenDesigns.com
V (949) 248-8588	 .	 F (949) 209-2509