Re: R value for Ordinary Moment Truss Frame

List members:

I am looking for your input in determing the correct value of R for a
Ordinary Moment Truss frame.  Neither the UBC nor the AISC Sesimic
Provisions appear to recognize ordinary truss moment frames. Although
the code does not specifically prohibit the use of the ordinary truss
moment frame, AISC Seismic Provision does state that these frames have
very poor hysteretic behavior.  Is an R of 4.5 (ordinary moment frame)
appropriate or should a lower number be used to account for the poor
hysteric behavior?  The frame is used in a single story commecial
structure.  Your comments would be appreciated.

Gautam