Re: OT: Blogging

Bill,
I've been using Blogs on my website (structuralist.net) since the beginning of December - also using WordPress. I think you said it best - I too am overwhelmed by the possibilities. I am not hosting on my own server as it is no longer reasonable for me to obtain a static DNS from my DSL service - the cost is about the same as I pay per year for web hosting that also includes Mailman listservice and supports MS Frontpage. Right now I am paying about $70.00 a year and get 1-gig of storage (upped from 100-mb and $30.00 a year higher last year) and a lot of other services. I understand the low cost of using Linux, but at this point I don't have the time to devote to a dedicated server. Write me privately and I'll be happy to discuss this with you - we can also link Blogs which is a nice feature. I have my Blogs (I'm running three WordPress directories on my website) linked back to my web pages which reduces the amount of reading on the web page and allows the user to gain more rhetoric and comments from a Blog.

E-me and we can share some thoughts on this.

Dennis